Islamic State claims deadly Berlin attack

Berlin-ISIS-745790.jpg

ISIS claims responsibility for Berlin attack

The Islamic State (ISIS) militant group has claimed responsibility for the deadly truck attack in Berlin that claimed lives of 12 people and wounded 48 more.

ISIS claimed responsibility for Monday’s attack in a statement released on Tuesday by the jihadist Amaq Agency.

The incident occurred on the Breitscheidplatz square, near the location of Berlin’s iconic Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church.

The driver of the truck is believed to have fled the scene; however, no arrests have been made so far.

A Pakistani asylum seeker suspected of participating in carrying out the Berlin attack was released Tuesday for lack of evidence, prosecutors said.

“The accused, detained over the attack on the Berlin Christmas market on December 19, 2016, was let go on this evening on the orders of the federal prosecutor,” his office said in a statement. Authorities identified the man earlier as a Pakistani asylum seeker.

Agencies 

For the latest news follow us on Twitter

Join our Weekly Newsletter

Shortlink:

Related Items

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

four × 2 =

Top